In this Portable Computing Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with Answer, you will find all the relevant topics of Portable Computer’s hardware subject. These MCQs will help you to understand the functions of Laptop, Tablet and Mobile device’s hardware. You will also know the steps to resolve the hardware problems. These MCQs will help you to prepare for any exams, interviews, certification, quizzes, contest and online test. There are multiple sets of questions are available in this Portable Computing MCQ. These MCQs have 10 questions in each set. You will find the most relevant and accurate topics to enhance your Laptop Hardware knowledge. You should take all the quiz 1 by 1 to increase your skills or get better opportunities in your current IT role.
Portable Computing MCQ Questions and Answers:
Below are the multiple choice questions for portable computing, designed to test your understanding of the benefits and limitations of using laptops and other mobile devices for work and personal use.
Q1. Which of the following are good ideas when it comes to batteries? (Select two.)
- Keep the contacts clean by using alcohol and a soft cloth.
- Store them in the freezer if they will not be used for a long period of time.
- Toss them in the garbage when they wear out.
- Store them in a cool, dry place.
1. Keep the contacts clean by using alcohol and a soft cloth.
4. Store them in a cool, dry place.
Q2. To replace a wireless antenna in a laptop, what must you do?
- Remove the keyboard.
- Remove the screen.
- Remove the expansion slot cover on the bottom of the laptop.
- This cannot be done.
2. Remove the screen.
Q3. Parallel PC Cards come in ______-bit and ______-bit versions. The latter is called CardBus.
- 8, 16
- 16, 32
- 32, 64
- 64, 128
Q4. What is the typical use for Type II PC cards?
- Additional RAM
- Hard drives
- Flash memory
- I/O devices such as modems and NICs
4. I/O devices such as modems and NICs
Q5. What’s the typical input device for a PDA?
Q6. Which of the following is a 15-digit number used to uniquely identify a mobile device that connects to a cellular network?
Q7. Mary returned from a cruise to the Bahamas and got a bill from her cell phone company (Sprint) that was over $1000. What could have happened?
- Mary connected to the Internet with her smartphone using the cruise ship company’s Wi-Fi.
- Mary’s smartphone connected to the Internet in the Bahamas via a cell provider that wasn’t Sprint.
- Mary used her smartphone to do Internet gambling and Sprint frowns on that activity.
- Bills after international trips are always reported in the currency of the country visited. When translated from Bahamian dollars to U.S. dollars, the amount is the same she normally pays.
2. Mary’s smartphone connected to the Internet in the Bahamas via a cell provider that wasn’t Sprint.
Q8. Which mobile operating system requires a third-party software firewall?
- Windows Mobile
Q9. Users bringing personally owned mobile devices into an enterprise environment is called:
Q10. What do app scanners do?
- Scan QR codes and barcodes for hidden codes
- Analyze the traffic into and out of an application for suspicious behavior
- Analyze the permissions used by installed applications to highlight security risks
- Analyze Wi-Fi signals to identify evil-twin WAPs
3. Analyze the permissions used by installed applications to highlight security risks
Portable Computing MCQ Quiz and Online Test:
These Portable Computing MCQ practice sets gives you the feeling of reality and a clue to the questions asked in the actual Portable Computing related exams. When you solve these Portable Computing MCQ questions practically, you come across many difficulties that give you an opportunity to improve.