In this MAC OS Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with Answer, you will find all the relevant topics of MAC Operating System (OS) subject. It is helpful for both experienced professionals as well as freshers. These MCQs will help you to prepare for any MAC OS Interviews, exams, certification, quizzes, contest and test. Multiple sets of questions based on various topics are available in this MAC OS MCQs. Topics we covered are Cheetah, Puma, Jaguar, Panther, Tiger, Leopard, Lion, Monterey and more. These MCQs have 10 questions in each set. You will find the most relevant and accurate topics to practice for your exams and certifications. You should take all the quizzes 1 by 1 to enhance your current skills or get better opportunities in your current IT role.
MAC OS MCQ Questions and Answers:
Below are the multiple choice questions for MAC OS, aimed at testing your knowledge and proficiency of the unique features and functionality of the Apple operating system.
Q1. At which stage of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard installation would a faulty installation DVD be detected?
- Target check
- SMART check
- Source check
- Upgrade check
3. Source check
Q2. A user drops a file into a folder named “my stuff” and sees this message: “You can put items into “my stuff”, but you won’t be able to see them. Do you want to continue? Other users with sufficient permissions will be able to use the items.” This means the folder’s permissions have been set to _____________.
- read only
- write only
- read & write
- execute only
2. write only
Q3. A customer running OS X Lion would like to set up a Firmware Password. Where can they find the Firmware Password Utility?
- In the Utilities folder on their startup disk.
- In the Applications folder on their startup disk.
- In the Security & Privacy Systems Preference pane.
- In the Utilities menu when booted to the Recovery HD.
4. In the Utilities menu when booted to the Recovery HD.
Q4. If you choose to install OS X Lion on a RAID volume, which of the following features will be disabled? (CHOOSE TWO)
- Time Machine
- Full Disk Encryption
- Recovery HD partition
- Resetting a lost password
2. Full Disk Encryption
3. Recovery HD partition
Q5. A user would like to install Snow Leopard on a PowerMac G5 Late 2005. You should inform the user that ________________.
- 1 GB of RAM is required
- Macs with PowerPC processors are not supported
- The hard disk must be formatted as Mac OS Extended format
- The system must have at least one processor running at 867 MHz
2. Macs with PowerPC processors are not supported
Q6. A customer wishes to upgrade the operating system on her MacBook Air from Mac OS X v10.5.8 Leopard to Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard. The customer does not own a MacBook Air SuperDrive. What alternative to the SuperDrive installation method is available to the customer?
- Copy the Install DVD to a USB flash drive.
- Perform the upgrade using a remote install.
- Snow Leopard is not supported with this configuration.
- Place the MacBook Air into Target Disk Mode then install via another computer.
2. Perform the upgrade using a remote install.
Q7. In which of the following scenarios would it be necessary to use Repair Disk Permissions in Disk Utility to resolve the issue?
- Computer fails to power on.
- Cannot complete an OS X Mountain Lion install.
- Cannot install any application into /Applications.
- Cannot open one Numbers document. Other Numbers documents open without issue.
3. Cannot install any application into /Applications.
Q8. You suspect that a customer’s MacBook Pro is failing to connect to a network because of a setting. Which technique is the most efficient way for you to test the MacBook Pro with default network settings?
- Create a new location in System Preferences > Network.
- Start the MacBook Pro from an external disk, or netboot image.
- Create a new user in the Users & Groups preferences pane and test in that user.
- Erase the customer’s hard disk, reinstall OS X Mountain Lion, then create a new user.
1. Create a new location in System Preferences > Network.
Q9. William is managing systems running OS X at his company. He is distributing a PNG file that is to be used on these company systems as the desktop picture whenever a user logs in. The picture needs to be available to all user accounts set up on each system. In which of the following folders would the PNG file need to be stored on each system?
- /Library/Desktop Pictures
- /System/Library/Desktop Pictures
- /System/Desktop Pictures
- /Library/Desktop Pictures
4. /Library/Desktop Pictures
Q10. If you have File Vault 2 enabled on your Mac, how do you start up from OS X Recovery?
- Hold the Command and R keys at startup.
- You must turn off disk encryption to use this feature.
- Use the Option key and choose OS X Recovery disk in the Startup Manager.
- Open System Preferences > Startup Disk preference pane, then select the OS X Recovery disk.
1. Hold the Command and R keys at startup.
MAC Operating System MCQ Quiz and Online Test:
These MAC Operating System MCQ practice sets gives you the feeling of reality and a clue to the questions asked in the actual Unix related exams. When you solve these MCQ questions practically, you come across many difficulties that give you an opportunity to improve.