In this Network Security Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with Answer, you will find all the relevant topics of Network Security subject. We have covered most of the topics like Device Configuration, Network Administration, Network Design, Wireless Networking and more. It will help you to prepare for exams, interviews, contest and online test or quizzes. Multiple sets of questions based on various topics are available in this Network Security MCQ. You can practice these MCQs 1 by 1 to enhance your current skills and network security knowledge.
Network Security MCQ Questions and Answers:
Below are the multiple choice questions for Network Security, designed to assess your knowledge and understanding of the various techniques and technologies used to secure computer networks and protect against cyber threats.
Q1. What do load balancers use to determine if a host is operational?
- Request count
- Health checking
- Time To Live (TTL)
3. Health checking
Q2. What is meant by the word “stateful” with respect to firewalls?
- The firewall tracks what country requests are from.
- Only packets matching an active connection are allowed through.
- Only packets that are addressed to the internal server are allowed through.
- The firewall keeps a list of all addresses to prevent spoofing of an internal IP address.
2. Only packets matching an active connection are allowed through.
Q3. Flood guard functionality might protect against which of the following attacks?
- Smurf attack
- Address spoofing
- Brute force
- SQL injection
1. Smurf attack
Q4. When building an access control list under an explicit deny approach, where would you place a “deny all” statement?
- At the beginning of the ACL entries
- Before any ACLs entries dealing with HTTP traffic
- At the end of the ACL entries
- On the ingress filter
3. At the end of the ACL entries
Q5. You’ve been asked to help configure a router that is used to connect a remote branch office to your corporate headquarters. The router will need to be managed remotely from the corporate headquarters. Which of the following protocols would you recommend be used to manage the remote router?
Q6. You are enabling port security on a switch that handles connections for your company’s customer help desk. Company policy prohibits employees from connecting personal devices to the corporate network. To help ensure that only corporate computer systems are connected, what type of port security would you select?
- Static method
- Dynamic learning
- Sticky method
- LIFO method
1. Static method
Q7. A company adopting an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) model would typically:
- Own the infrastructure equipment
- Be responsible for housing and maintaining equipment
- Only support networking infrastructure
- Pay on a per-use basis
4. Pay on a per-use basis
Q8. An organization wanting to create a restricted-access, Internet-accessible resource for processing sensitive data might consider using:
- Software as a Service
- A private cloud
- A public cloud
- A community cloud
2. A private cloud
Q9. What does LEAP do?
- Modernizes Wi-Fi with a new encryption cipher
- Provides TLS support for Wi-Fi authentication under Windows
- Provides a lightweight mutual authentication protocol for clients and uses dynamic WEP keys
- Forces Cisco devices to use WPA2
3. Provides a lightweight mutual authentication protocol for clients and uses dynamic WEP keys
Q10. What is a threat to VPN over open wireless?
- Hackers can sniff all the VPN packets and decrypt them.
- The user must connect to the open wireless before starting VPN, allowing an attacker a potential window of time to compromise the machine.
- A certificate could be faked, allowing access into the corporate server.
- All of the above.
2. The user must connect to the open wireless before starting VPN, allowing an attacker a potential window of time to compromise the machine.
Network Security MCQ Quiz and Online Test:
These Network Security MCQ practice sets gives you the feeling of reality and a clue to the questions asked in the actual Network Security related exams. When you solve these MCQ questions practically, you come across many difficulties that give you an opportunity to improve.